MARTA service impacted by building implosion
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) will suspend rail service on the Gold Line between Lindbergh and Midtown Stations and reroute four Midtown bus lines the morning of Saturday, October 5 for the planned implosion of a five-story building at 1330 W. Peachtree St. NW.
- Saturday, October 5
- 7:00 a.m.
- 1330 W. Peachtree St. NW
- MARTA Arts Center Station temporarily closed
MARTA rail service:
- Rail service on the Gold Line between Lindbergh and Midtown Stations will be suspended beginning at 6:45 a.m. for approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Rail service on the Red Line will shuttle from Lindbergh to North Springs the entire day.
- Rail service on the Gold Line north between Lindbergh and Doraville and south from Midtown to Airport is not impacted.
- Rail service on the Green and Blue Lines is not impacted.
MARTA bus service:
- Bus routes 27, 37, 40, and 110 will be rerouted beginning at 5:30 a.m.
- Bus shuttles will be provided between Lindbergh and Midtown rail stations.
- All other bus routes will run on a Saturday schedule.
Following the implosion, teams from MARTA Safety and Track & Structures Departments will conduct a thorough inspection of the Arts Center Station tunnel and rail lines. Additionally, the tunnel ventilation system will be tested, and dust mitigation coverings removed. Full rail service on the Gold Line and Saturday bus service on the routes listed above will resume once the all-clear is given.
Follow @MARTASERVICE on Twitter for service updates and visit www.itsmarta.com for complete rail and bus schedules.