Take MARTA to enjoy Labor Day activities
Beginning Tuesday, August 27, Atlanta will host a week of Labor Day activities, including sporting events, festivals, parades, and Dragon Con. The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is a safe, affordable way to travel to the events, and avoid sitting in traffic.
Take MARTA to the following Labor Day events:
- Tuesday, Aug. 27 – U.S. Open Cup / Atlanta vs. Minnesota – Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Wednesday, Aug. 28 – Monday, Sept. 2 – Atlanta Black Pride Events
- Thursday, Aug. 29 – Monday, Sept. 2 – Dragon Con – Downtown Atlanta
- Friday, Aug. 30 – Sunday, Sept. 1 – Decatur Book Festival
- Saturday, Aug. 31 – Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game / Alabama vs. Duke – Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Know before you go:
- Be mindful of Dragon Con costumes when boarding trains and do not block doors from closing.
- On Saturday, Aug. 31, MARTA Transit Ambassadors and additional Breeze card agents will be deployed throughout the system to assist customers.
- Due to work at Peachtree Center Station, two escalators at the south end of the platform are out of service and a large generator is located at Peachtree and Ellis Streets.
- Allow extra travel time, as rail stations and trains may be crowded.
- Buy a round-trip ticket to avoid long lines on your return.
- No sharing fares. One Breeze card per rider.
- Visit www.itsmarta.com/parking for parking availability, keeping in mind parking lots at end-of-line stations fill up quickly.
- Download MARTA’s On the Go app for real-time service alerts and MARTA’s See & Say app to report suspicious activity.
- Follow @MARTASERVICE on Twitter for service updates and announcements.