Metro Atlanta in Their Own Words
As many around the nation have already learned, metro Atlanta is here, now and next. The region is the home of visionaries from all walks of life, and Atlanta has witnessed the birth of dozens of global brands that have changed the way we live.
In the lead up to Super Bowl LIII, the ATL Brand Box is highlighting quotes from some of metro Atlanta’s luminaries. Last year, the Chamber highlighted three key pillars for the region: Unmatched Culture, Welcoming Community, and status as a Top Tech Hub. Read on for some of the Chamber’s favorite quotes from leaders curated around these messages:
Metro Atlanta is home to THEA, the first ever city-based OTT video platform, and a cultural center with arts, food, film, sports and outdoor recreation for every taste and interest.
- “Atlanta is built on cool and a beat. That’s how the city flows.” — Jermaine Dupri, Musician, Atlanta Native
- “Atlanta’s my musical home. It really was the place where I really came alive.” — John Mayer, Musician, Atlanta Native
- “Atlanta’s a great city to cultivate your own thing – from fashion to music to food.” — Brian Tyree Henry, “Atlanta” Actor
Atlanta is the number one moving destination in the nation (source: Penske) and a region laser-focused on affordability, education, workforce development and other policies that will create a diverse and inclusive community for all.
- “The success I’ve had could have only emerged out of the City of Atlanta. Why? Atlanta has been home to me and my family for many years. From my early days as a young man, I recognized that I wanted to build something special in Atlanta. Before the world caught on, I realized that Atlanta had a special quality and was on the cusp of a transformation.” — Ted Turner, Founder, CNN
- “Atlanta means business. And it also means brains. Our research and academic community stands head and shoulders above the competition. Emory is an educational and discovery powerhouse that draws top-notch students from around the world. Most of all, Atlanta’s an international city. For us, diversity isn’t a slogan, it’s real. You will not find a more creative, more inclusive, or more vibrant international home than you will find here in Atlanta.” — Claire Sterk, President, Emory University
- “Metro Atlanta’s assets around global health are undeniable. We are home to the CDC, Task Force for Global Health, Carter Center, CARE and American Cancer Society, not to mention Emory University, Morehouse School of Medicine and many other pivotal institutions around the region.” — Hala Moddelmog, President and CEO, Metro Atlanta Chamber
Top Tech Hub
Atlanta is the number one U.S. city for startups outside of New York and San Francisco (source: FitSmallBusiness.com) and driving growth among scaling companies in the tech space with initiatives like Backed by ATL and IoT.ATL.
- “Atlanta offers us access to some of the brightest and most innovative software talent in the U.S. Honeywell is thrilled to be launching a state-of-the-art agile software-driven product development center in Georgia to create leading-edge software offerings based on the latest Cloud, Mobility and Analytics technology.” — Krishna Mikkilinen, Senior Vice President of Engineering Operations and IT, Honeywell
- “It’s great to be an exporter here in Atlanta. We’ve found that there is a tremendous amount of resources available for small- and medium-sized businesses to help you learn how to export and grow your sales. We’ve gained access to a wealth of resources and expertise that have really helped to not only encourage but also facilitate our growth in exporting.” — Jim Hall, CEO, Triatek
- “As we find that we’re recruiting people here in Georgia, the fact that we’re doing mobile and security and cloud technologies, that’s triple word score for these employees. This is keeping Atlanta’s best, brightest and best educated. The investments that Georgia is making into the school systems, Georgia Tech and the hope scholarships are keeping these bright and talented people here in Georgia so that the investments that are made in their education are paying dividends during their career, building great technologies and creating high-paying jobs here in Georgia.” — Alan Dabbiere, Chairman, OneTrust, Founder, Manhattan Associates
Visit ATLBrandBox.com for more quotes from metro Atlanta’s thought leaders, including photos and videos from throughout the region and more. Through this curated collection of content, the ATL Brand Box will unite the region around one shared ambition: to never stop rising.