Helpful Reminders at Year End
By Charles Redding, MedShare CEO & President
It’s hard to believe that 2019 is almost here! As we celebrate with friends and family and bring this year to a close, it’s easy to get caught up in the festivities and making plans for the New Year. We often forget about the importance of making year-end gifts. I want you to know that your gifts, whether they’re large or small, are vital to the organizations you support. Your generosity during the holiday season helps nonprofits to start the New Year off right!
Take MedShare for instance. In 2019 we’ll be expanding our Safe Birth Initiative to Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal and extending the initiative to four other countries in 2020. This initiative continues our efforts to increase the life expectancy, as well as to improve the quality of life, of mothers and newborns in medically underserved communities. In addition to our new initiatives, we will continue to deliver lifesaving supplies and equipment to communities in need of better healthcare and equipping healthcare providers with the tools they need to save lives. Each and every gift you make will touch the lives of the patients, medical professionals, and families we serve.
Thoughtfully consider your plans for giving this year. Think about what you’d like to give, how you’d like to give, and when you’d like to give. In doing so, you can ensure the greatest impact for you and the organizations you support! Here are some helpful tips to maximize your impact:
- Save all gift receipts and acknowledgment letters for tax purposes.
- Complete your giving before midnight tonight in order to make your charitable contributions tax deductible for 2018.
- Gifts of stock that have increased in value may provide greater tax savings than giving cash.
- An IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals over 70½ to donate up to $100,000 directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without treating the distribution as taxable income.
- Putting MedShare in your will is a simple way to give! Contact our team at [email protected] to learn more.
Begin your year by being a part of the kind of good you want to see in the world – the people you serve will thank you!
Support MedShare’s mission at https://impact.medshare.org/medshare.