Contestants will compete for a combined total of nearly $25,000 in prizes
ChooseATL, a movement dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent to metro Atlanta, today announced the top three finalists for its second annual Ultimate Job Interview Contest (UJIC). After a public voting period, 135 entrants were narrowed down to 10 semifinalists. The three final contestants were then selected by a panel of top Atlanta executives after a virtual job interview. This year’s finalists are:
- Gayla R. Robbins – science educator and alumna of Spelman College in Atlanta.
- Nicole C. Smith – master’s student at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, S.C.
- AJ Wilson – sophomore at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Conn.
The three finalists will travel to Atlanta in January 2017 for an all-expense paid, two-day authentic Atlanta experience. During their time in Atlanta, they will stay at the W Hotel Atlanta, have an exclusive dinner at the Sundial Restaurant with influential city leaders, meet with C-suite executives to discuss job opportunities, participate in an interactive business “challenge,” and have a luxury helicopter ride over the city. On the final day, contestants will participate in a Shark Tank-style interview competition, before a panel of C-level executives for a chance to win cash prizes of $2,500 for third place, $5,000 for second place, or $10,000 for first place. The winner will also walk away with six months free rent at Olmsted Chamblee along with a six month MARTA pass. This new apartment complex is nestled along walking paths and is easily accessible to shops and restaurants.
“This next generation of talent wants it all – collaborative workplaces, a vibrant culture, challenging careers and more. All of which are available in Atlanta, and we are proud to showcase this through activations like the Ultimate Job Interview Contest,” said Kate Atwood, executive director of ChooseATL. “Exposing talent to Atlanta’s unique culture in an authentic way is what will help continue to make Atlanta a driving force and top-tier global competitor in today’s market.”
Metro Atlanta is already recognized as a hotspot for Millennials. Last year alone, Money.com named Atlanta the No. 2 best city for Millennials, and Mayflower reported Atlanta as the No. 5 Most Moved to City by Millennials.
“Today’s generation of professionals have passion and drive. They want to make an impact at work and on their community,” said Bill Kaelin, owner at Bill Kaelin Marketing and UJIC judge. “As a business owner, those characteristics are eye-catching. Not only do they exemplify exactly the kind of talent I look for on my own team, but they epitomize precisely the type of talent Atlanta needs to propel itself forward. I am honored to help ChooseATL attract this next generation of talent as an UJIC judge, and I look forward to seeing what these finalists bring to the table in January.”
Sponsors for the second annual Ultimate Job Interview Contest include Bill Kaelin Marketing, Cox Enterprises, Inc., Olmsted Chamblee, the Nebo Agency, W Atlanta Downtown, and the Sundial Restaurant among others.
Judges for UJIC include:
- Greg Abel – owner and executive director of client services and strategy at Tailfin Page
- Jason Carter – founder and president at Sol Fusion Media Group
- Jenny Jang – senior project manager for public policy at the Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Bill Kaelin – owner at Bill Kaelin Marketing
- Tami McQueen – director of marketing at SalesLoft
- Brett Oliver – director of development for Olmsted Chamblee.
- Marian Pittman – executive vice president of digital strategy and research at Cox Media Group
- Jennifer Stanford Johnson – associate director for the Center of Academic Planning and Success at Spelman College
- Anna Ruth Williams – founder and CEO at AR|PR
The Ultimate Job Interview Contest will air on Atlanta’s WSB-TV and WSBTV.com in January 2017. For more information on the contest and to view the finalists’ entries visit http://www.chooseatl.com/ultimatejob.