Georgia’s largest non-bank lender, Southeast Mortgage, has unveiled the firm’s new transformative headquarters, located at 3575 Koger Boulevard in Duluth, Georgia. The 31,000-square-foot office space that boasts a host of work-life balance amenities exemplifies the firm’s culture and dedication to employee health and well-being, serves as a reflection of the firm’s commitment to clients and their trusted partners, and functions as a conduit to attract and retain talent.
With millennials in the workplace continuing to shape a more fluid idea of work-life balance, Southeast Mortgage is adapting to the ever-growing trend of designing functional spaces that bridge the gap between employees’ personal and professional lives. In response to the trend, Southeast Mortgage took a critical look at how their office functioned and created a new office that aligns with how they work, their culture and their objective to integrate amenities that enable employees to pursue more balanced lives.The result: an innovative, functional and collaborative office space equipped with a full Work-Life Balance Center that serves as a vital tool to improve the lives of the firm’s employees while increasing productivity and enhancing the firm’s position in the marketplace.
“We had really outgrown our former facility, which gave us the launch pad to create a new space that was truly progressive with an eye toward employee wellness,” said Southeast Mortgage CEO Cal Haupt.
With substantially more space than the current 12,000-square-foot office in Lawrenceville, Georgia, the new headquarters will support Southeast Mortgage’s 12 offices and will house the firm’s operations and client-relationship management teams, and corporate executives.Southeast Mortgage is the only mortgage company in the Southeast to incorporate a Life Balance Center for employees.
Life Balance Center On-Site Amenities:
- Fully equipped gym including Octane elliptical machines, row machines, recumbent bikes, treadmills, yoga space and weight station
- Recreational break room featuring a ping pong table, arcade games, dart boards, oversized Jenga, Connect Four, Checkers and five televisions through the headquaters’ space
- Commercial video recording and photo studio
- State-of-the art conference rooms and more than seven diverse collaborative areas to accommodate different modes of work from structured to unstructured
- Six-foot-wide, eight-foot-tall waterfall to foster the atmosphere of a stress-free environment
- A 400-gallon fish tank to enhance a relaxing ambience for employees
- Health and wellness exercise incentive program
“Our goal was to create a health-conscious workplace that was highly functional, yet offered our employees the necessary amenities they needed for a healthy work-life balance. The new space is more than an attractive office; it embodies who we are as a firm,” said Haupt.